Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Pullman Undergraduate

Pullman Undergraduate Students

Information about Cancelling Enrollment

Your education is important, and we would like the opportunity to help keep you on track. While you are not required to have a special reason to cancel your enrollment, there may be alternatives that should be considered before you make this decision. You might want to contact your academic advisor to discuss possible alternatives, especially if you are having problems with your health, a family emergency, or other unusual circumstances.

Important! Cancelling enrollment may affect the following:

  • Financial Aid - Cancelling your enrollment may affect your satisfactory academic progress and your ability to obtain financial aid in the future. Be sure to speak with a Financial Aid officer to learn how this will affect your financial aid status.
  • Housing - If you have applied for housing you must now cancel that application yourself. Go to the housing website at WSU Housing, then click on myHousing Contract and click on the cancel button.  You will receive an e-mail when this is successfully done.
  • Athletic Eligibility – Contact the Athletic Department.
  • Personal Health Insurance – Contact your personal health insurance provider.
  • Optional Student Health Insurance – If you have questions, contact Health and Wellness Services Billing and Insurance at (509) 335-3575 or visit their web site.
  • Insurance Cancellations must be received no later than the 13th day of classes.

Enrollment may be cancelled at any time during the current semester, through the last day of instruction (the Friday before Final’s Week).

Cancelling enrollment during the first four weeks of the semester (or according to a prorated schedule for shorter academic terms) will result in your transcript being marked "withdrew (date)." Individual courses will not be recorded.

Cancelling enrollment after the fourth week through the last day of instruction (end of the 15th week) will result in your transcript being marked "withdrew (date)," and a grade of "W" will be recorded for each course.

Students on academic probation during the semester in which they cancel enrollment must obtain permission from the Academic Success and Career Center ((509) 335-6000) to re-enroll.

If you experience technical problems or if you have questions about the cancellation process, send an email message to or contact the Registrar's Office at (509) 335-5346.

A Final Note: You are strongly encouraged to contact the Office of the Dean of Students if you are experiencing a major medical crisis that requires you to cancel your enrollment or are having financial difficulties due to an unexpected emergency. This will allow us an opportunity to be of assistance in this process.