Undergraduate Academic Program, Plan, Subplan, Certificate Instructions
If you have previously read these instructions, you can go straight to the form. Students: This form must be submitted by the department. Please contact your advisor.
Add, drop, or change any academic:
- Degree = program
- Additional Major = plan
- Minor = plan
- Option = subplan
- Undergraduate or Professional Certificate (This is a non-degree program)
When to use this form
- Change, Add, or Drop degree (Program)
- Change major (for degrees with various majors i.e. Business, Com, Music, etc.) (Plan)
- Change, Add, or Drop additional major (Plan)
- Change, Add, or Drop minor (Plan)
- Change, Add, or Drop undergraduate or professional certificate
- If a student’s first degree hasn’t been conferred and the student intends to enter into a post-baccalaureate program.
- After the first-degree program has been conferred, Graduations will review the second-degree program and change it to a post-baccalaureate.
When to contact ASCC
Pullman campus only
ASCC admits students to their first degree (Program) on Pullman campus.
Request the following changes to the student's first program/degree through ASCC.
- Admit to the major/release from the major; add and/or drop academic interests; add or change subplan (Option)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 509-335-6000.
For other campuses, contact the campus Registrar's Office.
Other Important Information
- The program and plan are updated using the current year and term, which controls the academic requirements for graduation.
- If a future year and term is necessary, per Academic Rule 111, please provide information in the “other notes” field at the bottom of the form.
- At the time of degree clearing, if a student requests a minor to be dropped, the Graduations area will remove the minor to allow the degree to be awarded.
- If a student requests a minor after the degree has been conferred, Graduations needs to check student’s requirements.
- All supplemental areas must be a part of the student's program/plan record to be awarded at the time of degree conferral.
- Students must be certified in all the academic programs/plans that they will be awarded at the time the degree conferral.
Academic Programs, Plans, Subplans, & Certificates Action Form