WSU Cougar Head Logo Washington State University

Student Program Plan Action Form

Office of the Registrar

Undergraduate Academic Program, Plan, Subplan, Certificate Instructions

If you have previously read these instructions, you can go straight to the form. Students: This form must be submitted by the department. Please contact your advisor. Current processing timeline for Pullman is 5-7 business days.


Add, drop, or change any academic:

  • Degree = program
  • Additional Major = plan
  • Minor = plan
  • Option = subplan
  • Undergraduate or Professional Certificate (This is a non-degree program)

When to use this form

  • Change, Add, or Drop degree (Program)
  • Change major (for degrees with various majors i.e. Business, Com, Music, etc.) (Plan)
  • Change, Add, or Drop additional major (Plan)
  • Change, Add, or Drop minor (Plan)
  • Change, Add, or Drop undergraduate or professional certificate
  • If a student’s first degree hasn’t been conferred and the student intends to enter into a post-baccalaureate program.
    • After the first-degree program has been conferred, Graduations will review the second-degree program and change it to a post-baccalaureate.

When to contact ASCC

Pullman campus only

ASCC admits students to their first degree (Program) on Pullman campus. 

Request the following changes to the student's first program/degree through ASCC.

  • Admit to the major/release from the major; add and/or drop academic interests; add or change subplan (Option)
  • Contact: | 509-335-6000.

Other campuses

For other campuses, contact the campus Registrar's Office.

Post-Baccalaureate Students

Other Important Information

  • The program and plan are updated using the current year and term, which controls the academic requirements for graduation.
    • If a future year and term is necessary, per Academic Rule 111, please provide information in the “other notes” field at the bottom of the form.
  • At the time of degree clearing, if a student requests a minor to be dropped, the Graduations area will remove the minor to allow the degree to be awarded.
    • If a student requests a minor after the degree has been conferred, Graduations needs to check student’s requirements.
  • All supplemental areas must be a part of the student's program/plan record to be awarded at the time of degree conferral.
  • Students must be certified in all the academic programs/plans that they will be awarded at the time the degree conferral.

Academic Programs, Plans, Subplans, & Certificates Action Form

Student Program Plan Action Form
Office of the Registrar